Chronicling the creative process for Pop Zeus, the forthcoming Guided By Voices/Bob Pollard tribute comic- including sketches, concepts, finished art and whatever else is in my brain at the moment.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Bobby O'Reilly (or Phil Gets His Shit Together)



Just a quick post to let you know that I am still working on all my photos and videos for the forthcoming disgustingly gushing Robert Pollard/Pearl Jam show review! I figured that if I took the video I shot and married it to both the official Pearl Jam and unofficial Bob bootleg audio, I would have something really special. So I took advantage of a rare abundance of free time at work today and learned how to use iMovie.

So far I have fixed the Pearl Jam "Corduroy" clip, adding the new audio available for the first time today. And tomorrow I hope to get my hands on some of the Pollard audio for those videos. Plus I will clean up my pics in Photoshop and get those up. I know, I know- I am being a perfectionist. But its what I am, I've learned to accept it... sorta. And on top of it, its fun to learn how to use iMovie. So be patient, more stuff on the way.

As a follow up to an earlier post, the Ebay auction of Pollard's original collage for the cover of Mag Earwhig ended a few days ago while I was away. And not a single bid was placed! Granted, the opening bid was set at 5,000 big ones minimum. But I was still quite surprised that no one ponied up the dough. A piece of original art such as this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, far rarer than an original Propeller... or anything else I can think of, for that matter.

Off the record, I am very happy the art is still in Bob's possession with no signs of it being put back up for auction. In my ever humble opinion, these pieces belong either on Bob's walls or in a museum, period. As a symbol of his music, these one of a kind amazing art works are priceless and irreplaceable. And in the future, we all may regret any of them falling into public hands even if said person were a superfan. In fact if I were a wealthier man, I would have bought the collage myself and just given it back to Bob, no joke.

So there you have it. I'm off to start writing my show review so I will talk to you all soon!


(photos from the Cincinnati show courtesy of pearljam.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home