Chronicling the creative process for Pop Zeus, the forthcoming Guided By Voices/Bob Pollard tribute comic- including sketches, concepts, finished art and whatever else is in my brain at the moment.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Beatles- I Am The Walrus Video

This rather silly video from the Magical Mystery Tour made-for-TV movie is I Am The Walrus. The tune is an undisputed psychedelic classic and the album is one of my very favorites ever (in spite of being an afterthought). The Beatles profound influence on rock history, popular culture and Guided By Voices cannot be underestimated. Specifically, I believe Lennon's late-60's free form lyrics are the single greatest lyrical influence on Robert Pollard, period. GBV even went so far as to cover I Am The Walrus in concert a couple times in tribute to this massive band and song. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home