Chronicling the creative process for Pop Zeus, the forthcoming Guided By Voices/Bob Pollard tribute comic- including sketches, concepts, finished art and whatever else is in my brain at the moment.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Don't Piss Off Abraham


Just chillin here in my room on a late Sunday night, listening to Celebrity Fit Club 3 as I type this. My sad addiction to Sunday night VH1 "celeb-reality" sees the harsh light of day here for the first time, you lucky devils. Anyway, I'm in the middle of an extremely enjoyable and well-deserved four day weekend. Tomorrow is "Presidents Day" and a holiday at the studio, and I took Tuesday off as well. (What's the deal with Presidents Day anyway? When I was a kid, Lincoln and Washington's actual birthdays were celebrated separately and no other presidents were involved. Granted, we didn't all get a day off. But at least we were honoring two great presidents. Now everyone is thrown in the mix? Tomorrow we honor Taft, James K. Polk, and George W. in the same breath as Lincoln? If I was Lincoln or Washington, I would be really pissed off!)

Already been taking my time catching up on my rest, my classes, and Pop Zeus! Spent several hours tonight working out the details of the first and favorite illustrated song segment, listed below in the Adding It Up post. And here is a hint for you- it has a science fiction theme. 'Nuff said.

Have a second journal going for both writing and sketches- it is where I will really hammer out the story elements so I have one solid place to refer to once I start to draw. I call it my "Grail Diary". Shouldn't take more than a few weeks to get it all fleshed out and ready to rock. In the meantime, I will be continuing to finish the collage and fake ads at work. Will keep you posted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home