Chronicling the creative process for Pop Zeus, the forthcoming Guided By Voices/Bob Pollard tribute comic- including sketches, concepts, finished art and whatever else is in my brain at the moment.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Everywhere With Helicopter - Live On Craig Kilborn

It's Friday and you know what that means- time to rock! Guided By Voices busted out Everywhere With Helicopter, the debut single from Universal Truths And Cycles, on The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn on June 17, 2002. Not my favorite song in the catalog, but damn if Bob and the boys didn't knock this one out of the park. This chat show performance is rare in capturing the energy and power of a typical live Geebs show. And the studio audience eats it up, audibly cheering during the break in the song.

I, of course, was on the edge of my seat (literally), eyes and ears glued to my Sony 12" here in my shitty little apartment. Always a thrill to see the band get some nationwide exposure, especially with a kick ass performance like this. Cheers and have a great weekend, my peoples...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I completely missed that when it happened.

This video was missing any Bob Pollard signature high kicks however!

9:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look again grasshopper...

5:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home