Chronicling the creative process for Pop Zeus, the forthcoming Guided By Voices/Bob Pollard tribute comic- including sketches, concepts, finished art and whatever else is in my brain at the moment.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Guided By Voices - Striped White Jets / Quality Of Armor 1996 Live Video



Dang, it's too hot in my apartment to get anything productive done. I feel cranky- bored but unmotivated. Blech! My loss is your gain, though...

Here is a very rare clip of Guided By Voices from exactly eleven years ago (May 10th 1996 at the Whiskey A Go Go in Los Angeles to be precise). One of the last shows with the "classic lineup" including Mitch Mitchell and Tobin Sprout (with Matt Sweeney filling in on bass), the gig was professionally shot for the mammoth Live At The Whiskey A Go Go VHS tape (which has yet to be released on DVD). But us lucky interweb users can now get a taste of that ole tape courtesy of YouTube! Great to see a youthful version of our favorite band rockin' the grunge kids. And the gig poster (which hangs on my wall) is one of my absolute faves. Spock + GBV = Joygasm!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home