Chronicling the creative process for Pop Zeus, the forthcoming Guided By Voices/Bob Pollard tribute comic- including sketches, concepts, finished art and whatever else is in my brain at the moment.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Instrument Beetle Live Video

Instrument Beetle is a devastating and amazing track originally found on Robert Pollard and his Soft Rock Renegades 2001 album Choreographed Man Of War. I clearly remember the first time I heard the song, listening on my headphones as I was drifting off to sleep. And it totally blew my mind. You can even hear Bob breathing before he starts singing, so intimate and yet creepy. This 2001 live performance of Instrument Beetle from San Francisco's Fillmore is awesome- and I was there! You can totally see me on this video, often right under Bob's elbow as he sings. Look for the dude with the big Polish melon in spectacles...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home