Chronicling the creative process for Pop Zeus, the forthcoming Guided By Voices/Bob Pollard tribute comic- including sketches, concepts, finished art and whatever else is in my brain at the moment.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Slowly But Slowly



It is with a little shame and a lot of chagrin that I post today. Work on Pop Zeus has slowed to a crawl over the last 2 weeks, hence the lack of update posts. The good news is that things should be getting back on track starting today.

Had a really tough two weeks at work culminating in a blowout of sorts. Stress levels had been reaching new heights, morale reaching new lows. So I had been petitioning for a long overdue and well-deserved financial boost. And this week the verdict came in- I received almost nothing. In no uncertain terms I let them know how unhappy I was. Even though I'm afraid I may have pushed a little too hard, I didn't totally lose my shit. And I am proud of standing up for myself. That's really the most important thing in the end.

Otherwise, not much new progress of note on the comic. Been going over what I have written so far, making some additions, corrections and cuts. Also been making new headway on completing the writing for the 1st and 3rd Illustrated Songs- both have big action sequences that I am having a lot of fun coming up with "gags" for. Spent a little time doing thumbnails for the early scenes of the 1st Illustrated Songs as well, using my old-school generic black ink Bic in the Grail Diary. The Diary is made with lined pages and blank pages, so it's perfect for writing comics. All the lined pages are just about full in the main Diary, so I've started to use my backup journal for the 3rd Illustrated Song. Attempted some design work on Saturday for the Bob Story segment but I crashed and burned- was too unfocused and groggy (classes have been kicking my ass on the weekends too- more on this later). Actually, my progress doesn't seem so bad now that I write it all out. I guess I just thought I would be further along at this point.

On the exciting news front, I got my Psycho And The Birds, Takeovers and Keene Brothers CDs in the mail on Saturday from Luna! They all sound great but the Takeovers is my instant favorite so far. I will post more thoughts on these releases later in the week. Music typically takes a long time to grow on me so I'm not sure what I will have to say by then, but there you have it.

Until then, true believers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home