Chronicling the creative process for Pop Zeus, the forthcoming Guided By Voices/Bob Pollard tribute comic- including sketches, concepts, finished art and whatever else is in my brain at the moment.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Robert Pollard Opening For Pearl Jam


(photo courtesy of Terri Nelles)

It was just announced that Robert Pollard and the Ascended Masters will be opening for the legendary Pearl Jam in June! Pearl Jam will be touring arenas in support of their new self-titled album due out on May 2nd. Bob and the boys will be playing 45 minute sets, heavy on the From A Compound Eye stuff I would guess, before the main act. Here are the dates!..

6/23/2006 Pittsburgh, PA Mellon Arena
6/24/2006 Cincinnati, OH US Bank Arena

This is a golden opportunity for the band to recruit thousands of newbies into the fold, so congrats are in order. Plus for the first time, fans will get a chance to hear Pollard's arena rock in an actual arena!

Not a big fan of the Jam myself but I would give my left nut to get a chance to see the everlasting big kick on the big stage. I hear that the cheap seat tickets (a country mile from the stage no doubt) are around 40 bucks, pretty reasonable... hmmm. Damn, this is tempting in spite of my financial woes...

For more info, check out the tour page at robertpollard.net!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home